Timothy Bigelow, Grand High Priest
Benjamin Russell, Deputy Grand High Priest
Gilman White, Grand King
Abraham Perkins, Grand Scribe
ANNUAL SESSION, 09/18/1804
Meeting held at Mason's Hall, Boston (ChI-34):
The Grand Chapter opened.
Grand Chapter voted as follows:
- That the committee "to act on the communication made by John Mitchell, K. H., P. R. S., of Charleston, So. Carolina" was given leave to sit further.
- For a committee of Companions Fowle, Purkitt and Harrison to "procure suitable clothing, jewels and a seal" for the Grand Chapter.
- That the Grand Chapter would not entertain petitions for relief.
- That a list of the new officers be published in newspapers in Newburyport and Boston.
- For a committee of Companions Russell, Otis, Harrison, Fowle and White to "attend to and act on the communication from the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Rhode Island.
- That the Secretary report on elections to other Grand Chapters.
The meeting elected the following officers for the Grand Royal Arch Chapter for the ensuing year:
- Timothy Bigelow, Grand High Priest
- Benjamin Russell, Deputy Grand High Priest
- Gilman White, Grand King
- Abraham Perkins, Grand Scribe
- Elisha Sigourney, Grand Treasurer
- Edward Horsman, Grand Secretary
- Ezra Ripley, Grand Chaplain
- Henry Purkitt, Grand Marshal
- Amos Tappan, Grand Steward
- John B. Hammatt, Grand Steward
- William Learned, Grand Steward
- Andrew Frothingham, Jr., Grand Steward
- Jeremiah Folsom, Inside Sentinel
- William Tarbox, Grand Outside Tyler
SPECIAL MEETING, 10/18/1804
Held at Groton (ChI-37):
The Grand Chapter accepted from the Deputy Grand High Priest a "form of Ceremonies, which was accepted and is on file."
St. John's Chapter was opened on the day following the regular meeting of St. Paul Lodge in Groton. The Grand Chapter was received in the meeting house, and St. John's Chapter was "installed in ample form, accompanied with appropriate ceremonies."
It was voted that Companions Russell, Harrison and Fowle serve as a committee "to draught a suitable diploma to be recommended for the use of the several chapters under the jurisdiction of this Grand Chapter."
SPECIAL MEETING, 02/13/1805
Held at Mason's Hall, Boston (ChI-38):
The Grand Chapter granted a petition for a new Royal Arch Chapter in Portland, District of Maine.
The committee for regalia reported that they had acquired jewels and collars and other regalia.
The Grand Treasurer's accounts were examined and found correct, and the Grand Secretary was directed to request a loan from St. Andrew's and King Cyrus Chapters.
Companions Sigourney, Russell and Fowle were added to the committee examining the Constitution and Laws.
SPECIAL MEETING, 03/12/1805
Held at Mason's Hall, Boston (ChI-40):
The Grand Treasurer's accounts were examined and found correct.
The report of the Committee to examine the Constitution and Laws was laid over to the Annual Meeting.
The regalia committee reported that the remaining items had been procured.
An alteration in the form of Charter was adopted.
Voted as follows:
- That the Charter fee would be $75.
- That the Committee on communications with the Grand Chapter of Rhode Island was to make report.
- That the Committee on diplomas be authorized to draft a new form.
LIST OF CHAPTERS IN MASSACHUSETTS: 1804
|Groton||St. John's||09/20/1803||Installed by GRAC 10/18/1804|
|Portland (Maine)||Mount Vernon||02/13/1805||Petition granted 02/13/1805|