- Baalbec Lodge, from 1852 until its removal to Chelsea in 1954.
- Hammatt Lodge, from 1859 until its jurisdiction was expanded to Boston in 1954.
- Mount Tabor Lodge, from 1845 until its jurisdiction was expanded to Boston in 1920.
- Rabboni Lodge, from 1869 to its removal to Dorchester in 1896.
- Temple Lodge, from 1870 until its jurisdiction was expanded to Boston in 1920.
- 01/15/1847: A new Lodge-room was dedicated, according to Moore's Freemason's Monthly, Vol. VI, No. 4, Page 108.
- 12/03/1859: A new Lodge-room was dedicated, according to Moore's Freemason's Monthly, Vol. XVIII, No. 2, Pages 71-72.
- 12/10/1873: 1873-103; Hall dedication reported in the Grand Master's Address at the December Quarterly. (held 01/10/1873; see below).
- 06/24/1892: 1892-74; Hall dedication at Special Communication.
NEW HALL, DECEMBER 1858
From Moore's Freemason's Monthly Magazine, Vol. XVIII, No. 1, November 1858, Page 23:
Mount Tabor Lodge, at East Boston, is preparing for its use a new Lodge-room, in Winthrop Block. The East Boston Ledger says—"In the main hall are Solomon's Temple »nd the temples he built in the wilderness; overhead, the sun, moon and stars «hine harmoniously together; Jacob's ladder pierces the clouds, and a never departing comet flames portentous on the mimic sky. When this room is filled with the 'Brothers of the Mystic Tie,' and that beautiful chandelier illuminates the symbolic constellations over it, and the worthy Master sits in his place,
Presiding o'er the sons of light,
we scan easily conceive that there will be heartfelt joy all around the cushioned circuit of that hall. We wish them many a happy meeting."
From Moore's Freemason's Monthly Magazine, Vol. XVIII, No. 3, January 1859, Page 71:
MOUNT TABOR LODGE, EAST BOSTON. This Lodge, in connection with Baalbec Lodge and St. John's Chapter, have recently constructed and fitted up a new Lodge-room, which is one of the neatest and most convenient that has yet been constructed in the vicinity; the ante-rooms are very large and appropriately situated; there is a space between the walls of the main hall and those of the building, by which they are enabled to have the room well ventilated, at the same time they are shut out from the outside noise and confusion; this space is made available for storing the furniture of the Lodge or Chapter when not in use, and is accessible by a door in the rear of the Senior Warden, which can be raised to any height by being balanced by weights. The ceiling of the room and walls are frescoed and painted with the emblems of the Order, and the concavity of the ceiling represents the heavens, with the Sun, Moon, Stars and Comet.
Friday evening, the 3d of December, was made the occasion of a very pretty incident; the wives and daughters of the members, anxious to contribute towards beautifying this Temple, had procured a very beautiful Banner, painted by that well known artist, Brother Savory, in his usual tasteful and elegant style, and the ladies had determined on this evening to surprise the members by a formal presentation; as few, except the Master, who called the meeting, had any notice of what was doing, or to be done, upon the entrance of the ladies, they were taken entirely by surprise. The Banner was borne by a young lad and supported by two young ladies clothed in white. After advancing in front of the Chair, one of them, Miss Fanny B. Brigham, delivered the Banner, with a neat and appropriate speech, which was given in a very distinct voice and in a beautiful manner. The W. Master responded in some very appropriate remarks; at the close of which, the following Ode, written for the occasion, by J. K. Hall, Esq., W. Master of John Abbot Lodge, Somerville, was sung by Frank A. Hall, Esq., in a manner which elicited unqualified praise from the members and visitors present. A collation closed the entertaining ceremonies of the evening:—
Welcome to our hearts and hall,
Mothers, Daughters, Sisters all,
And dearer ties we here recall,
In true and faithful wives.
Thou this Temple dost adorn,
With Beauty radiant as the morn,
Without thy smiles, sad and forlorn
Would pass our mortal lives.
From tby hands this Banner bright
Shall shed upon our Lodge that light,
Which from bright eyes beams here to-night,
And cheers each Brother's heart.
And as thy influence nerved each hand,
Who fought for this our native land,
So may it strengthen this our band
'Gainst foes who would us part.
And though no warlike banner here
Demands the aid of sword or spear,
Yet this has precepts we revere,
More powerful than the sword.
And while our Temple here in thee,
Its long lost pillar thus may see,
Our broken column yet shall be By Woman's smile restored.
This structure here we raise in vain,
On Wisdom, Strength, those pillars twain,
If Beauty's pillar lost remain,
Our efforts here would fail.
But cheered by Woman's heart and band,
Our Temple here shall firmly stand,
And Brothers all throughout our land,
Has efforts gladly hail.
NEW HALL, JANUARY 1873
From Moore's Freemason's Monthly Magazine, Vol. XXXII, No. 2, February 1873, Page 39:
The new and beautiful Masonic Hall recently erected by our brethren at East Boston, was dedicated by the M. W. Grand Lodge on the evening of the 10th of January, in the presence of the four Lodges located in that section of our city, and a large concourse of visiting brethren. The ceremonies were conducted by Grand Master Nickerson and his officers, according to the established ritual of the Order, and being interspersed with music, afforded an agreeable evening's entertainment to the company present.
The hall is a very fine one, and with its ample apartments is admirably adapted to all the present and prospective wants of the enterprising brethren of the pleasant "Island Ward." The building in which the apartments are contained is built of brick and iron with freestone trimmings. It is three stories in height with stores on the ground floor. The second floor is appropriated to business purposes, the third and all above being reserved for Masonic uses, except one large apart ment on the third floor, furnished in hard wood and beautifully frescoed, which may be used occasionally as a lecture room. Upon this floor also is the banquet hall, one of the pleasantest rooms in the building, the walls and ceiling being artistically ornamented with fruit and flower pieces. The remaining rooms on this floor are to be occupied, one as the cuisine, and the other as the armory for the William Parkman Commandery. The lodge-room occupies nearly all of the fourth story. The room is eighteen feet high with an arched ceiling, tastefully decorated with the emblems of the Order. The entire arrangement of the apartments is admirably well adapted to the needs of the brethren, and the tout ensemble furnish one of the most pleasant and desirable Masonic homes in the State