Timothy Bigelow, Grand High Priest
Benjamin Russell, Deputy Grand High Priest
Gilman White, Grand King
Abraham Perkins, Grand Scribe
ANNUAL SESSION, 09/17/1805
Meeting held at Mason's Hall, Newburyport (ChI-42):
The Grand Chapter opened.
Grand Chapter voted as follows:
- To grant a charter for King Solomon's Chapter, Charlton.
- To audit the accounts of the Treasurer and Secretary, which were found correct. A committee was appointed to ascertain compensation for those officers.
- To create a new committee to examine the Constitutions, consisting of Companions Bigelow, Fowle, A. Sigourney. and Fowle.
- To direct the Secretary to communicate with the Grand Chapters in the Northern States.
The meeting elected the following officers for the Grand Royal Arch Chapter for the ensuing year:
- Timothy Bigelow, Grand High Priest
- Benjamin Russell, Deputy Grand High Priest
- David Coffin, Jr., Grand King
- Samuel A. Otis, Grand Scribe
- Andrew Sigourney, Grand Treasurer
- Edward Horsman, Grand Secretary
- Asa Eaton, Grand Chaplain
- Henry Purkitt, Grand Marshal
- William Learned, Grand Steward
- Thomas Redman, Grand Steward
- Jacob Perkins, Grand Steward
- James Locke, Grand Steward
- William Tompkins, Grand Inside Sentinel
- William Eaton, Grand Tyler
REGULAR MEETING, 06/10/1806
Held at Mason's Hall, Boston (ChI-46):
The Grand Chapter opened and voted as follows:
- For a new committee on diplomas
- For a committee to "make such repairs and additions to the Robes of the Grand and Deputy Grand High Priest and Scribe, as they may deem expedient."
- That a committee be appointed, consisting of Companions Bigelow, Fowle and Gage to "consider the expediency of altering the regulations of this Grand Chapter so as to allow the constituting within this jurisdiction a Mark Master's Lodge only in any case."
- For a committee rejecting a particular applicant.
SPECIAL MEETING, 01/29/1806
Held at Mason's Hall, Boston (ChI-44):
The Grand Chapter opened, and received a set of revisions for the By-Laws. Copies were directed to be printed and distributed.
St. John's Chapter was opened on the day following the regular meeting of St. Paul Lodge in Groton. The Grand Chapter was received in the meeting house, and St. John's Chapter was "installed in ample form, accompanied with appropriate ceremonies."
It was voted that Companions Russell, Harrison and Fowle serve as a committee "to draught a suitable diploma to be recommended for the use of the several chapters under the jurisdiction of this Grand Chapter."
The Treasurer and Secretary were voted compensation, and the Treasurer was authorized to borrow money for the use of the Grand Chapter.
LIST OF CHAPTERS IN MASSACHUSETTS: 1805
|No.||Location||Lodge||Precedence Date||Chartering Body|
|3||Groton||St. John's||10/18/1804||Grand Chapter of Massachusetts|
|4||Charlton||King Solomon's||09/17/1805||Grand Chapter of Massachusetts|