- Baalis Sanford Lodge, from 1917 to the present.
- Paul Revere Lodge, from 1856 to the present. (Originally "North Bridgewater").
- St. George Lodge, from 1877 to the present.
- 05/10/1881: 1881-59; Dedication of Masonic Apartments, Special Communication.
HALL DESCRIPTION, MAY 1881
From Liberal Freemason, Vol. V, No. 3, June 1881, Page 80:
On Tuesday, the twenty-fourth day of May, A. D. 1881, the Governor of Massachusetts sent to a well-known citizen of Brockton the following message: "The Commonwealth sends greeting to her youngest city." The enterprise, so long characteristic of the people of that section of the State, pushed North Bridgewater into the town of Brockton, and this is now supplemented by the acceptance of a charter under which this young and vigorous city will continue to make rapid and healthy progress. While her people have been active to promote their material prosperity, they have carefully fostered educational, religious and moral institutions, and the splendid condition of Freemasonry in their midst is evidence of their skilful guardianship.
The apartments heretofore occupied by the Masonic Fraternity have been recently vacated and new ones in City Block taken. When the construction of this fine building was decided upon, the entire third floor was engaged by the brethren, and their rooms are thought to be equal in finish and completeness to any in the State. The committee, consisting of Baalis Sanford, Jr., C. C. Bixby, A. C. Thompson, F. L. Trow, John A. Jackson, E. Parker, Jr., D. W. Blackenship, H. H. Filoon and R. P. Sollis, were fully alive to the needs of the Lodge, Chapter and Commandery, and their work has been most successfully accomplished.
The apartments, dedicated with appropriate ceremonies on May ioth, were described in the Brockton Daily Enterprise, which we substantially quote:
The entrance is at the top of abroad flight of stairs leading from the main corridor on the second floor of the building, where a spacious lobby is first reached. Off of this is the
twenty-one feet square and sixteen feet high, carpeted with Brussels and handsomely frescoed in Eastlake style. Gas fixtures of the Corona pattern, of polished brass, light and elegant in design, hang from the ceiling, and opaque shades, harmonizing in color with the frescoing, cover the windows. Heavy, comfortable-looking, black walnut arm chairs, with patent seat, are distributed about. On the walls hang portraits of the Past Masters of the lodge. A cloak room, 14x12, leads off at one side, fitted with every convenience for keeping-hats, cloaks and umbrellas. Another door opens into a Tyler's corridor, running north and south, forty feet long, well lighted and carpeted. Through this, entrance is gained to
THE MAIN HALL,
a beautiful room occupying the entire southwest corner of the floor, fifty-five feet long and forty feet wide, with a very high stud. The general effect as one enters is grand. Every detail is perfect, and the whole blends together in the utmost harmony. Under foot is Brussels carpeting of rich, dark hue, with a small figure. Four very elegant eight light chandeliers, of burnished brass, hang pendant from the ceiling, which is a study in itself. A large square in the centre, known in Masonic phraseology as the canopy or the starry decked heavens, first attracts the eye. The background is sky blue, decked with stars, a meteor just bursting, and a half moon. As the painting is artistically done, the effect is fine. Surrounding this are emblems of the Lodge, Chapter and Commandery. Other masonic emblems embellish the walls, which are further graced by four life-size figures painted in oil, of Faith, Hope, Charity arid Silence. The frescoing, as a whole, is said to eclipse that of any other lodge room in this State.
FITTINGS OF THE HALL.
Around the room extends a raised platform of black walnut and ash, supplied with settees of black walnut material, upholstered in crimson rep. At the "East," or head of the great hall, on a semicircular dais mounted by several steps, is the Master's chair, a massive piece of furniture. A beautiful canopy extends over the platform, and on either side are chairs for the Past Master and Chaplain.
A marble-topped pedestal stands facing the Master's seat. On the right and left are desks of Eastlake style, for the secretary and treasurer. Smaller rostrums, with canopies, grace the "West" and "South," with chairs for the Senior and Junior Wardens and subordinate officers. In the "North" is the organ, a fine instrument made in this town, after a design by Richard Sollis. Everything in this main room is of the best, and our Masonic friends can entertain visiting officials there in the best style.
Connected with the hall is a Preparation room, neatly fitted up, where the sale is kept. On the cast side of the corridor are closets, each 12x7, for the use of the different orders. West of the Reception room is
a fine room, lilted with very elegant cabinets, cases and drawers for storing the regalia and banners. North of the main hall is the Prelate's Room, 30x45. At the head is a raised dais for the Prelate's chair, behind which are painted draperies. lilack walnut settees are ranged around the room, which, like all the others, is handsomely carpeted in Brussels. Leather lambrequins and opaque shades hang at the windows. In the rear of all is the
a fine room seventy feet long and forty broad, which will also be used for dancing. It is supplied with tables and oak chairs. A roomy kitchen, furnished with all the necessary culinary paraphernalia, is attached. Up a half flight of stairs, over the closets, is a cosy smoking room, which will doubtless be a favorite resort. Nothing seems to have been left undone which could add to the convenience or comfort of the society and those who may be so fortunate as to be the recipients of its hospitality.
- 12/09/1886: 1886-129; Dedication of Masonic Hall, in Grand Master's Address; (held 01/11, officiated by Rt. Wor. Edward Sawyer, District Deputy Grand Master)
- 04/24/1900: 1900-75; Dedication of Masonic Hall, at a Special Communication.
- 05/09/1960: 1960-112; Dedication of Masonic Temple, at a Special Communication.
- 10/21/1964: 1964-243; Dedication of a Masonic Temple, at a Special Communication