- Benjamin F. Arrington Lodge, from 1928 to its merger with Wayfarers Lodge in 1984.
- Bethlehem Lodge, from 1920 to its merger with Mount Carmel Lodge in 2006.
- Damascus Lodge, from 1906 to its merger with Mount Carmel Lodge in 2001.
- Golden Fleece Lodge, from 1864 to the present.
- Mount Carmel Lodge, 1805 to 1837, and 1845 to the present.
- Mount Sinai Lodge, from 1946 to its merger with Mount Carmel Lodge in 1989.
NOTE ON HALL DEDICATION, JANUARY 1860
- 01/10/1860: According to Moore's Freemasons' Monthly Magazine, Vol. XVIII, No. 4, Page 104, a "new and convenient Hall, recently fitted up by this ancient Lodge (Mount Carmel), in the city of Lynn, was appropriately dedicated by the M.W. Grand Lodge of the Commonwealth."
NOTE ON MASONIC FAIR, JULY 1880
From Liberal Freemason, Vol. IV, No. 4, July 1880, Page 126:
The Brethren in Lynn have been long anticipating the time when they shall occupy new and more convenient apartments. This result is drawing to a conclusion, and in anticipation of it, it is their desire to make them in all respects worthy of the Institution, and creditable to those who locally represent it. As a means of raising additional funds, a Masonic Fair will be held in Lynn, on October 8th, 9th, 11th and 12th, next, under an organization of competent and well-known brethren, whose zeal, fidelity and business tact will no doubt secure success; to make this the more certain, we learn that the ladies are already actively co-operating with the brethren. The Fair will be managed by N. B. Fletcher, Chairman; Wm. B. Phillips, Secretary; George W. Downing, Treasurer. The Executive Committee consists of N. B. Fletcher, S. H. Nourse, Chas. C. Fry, Chas. E. Parsons, and A. A. Davis, with a general Committee of twenty, sub-divided into Sub-Committees, on Hall and Music, Entertainments, Season Tickets, Prizes, Printing, Tables, Drawing Prizes, Advertising, Voting, Refreshments, Season Tickets, Confectionery, Jewelry, Police and Shooting Gallery.
HALL DEDICATION, APRIL 1881
From Liberal Freemason, Vol. V, No. 2, May 1881, Page 52:
A large globe-shaped lantern, brilliantly lighted, and having the words, "Masonic Hall" cut in the glass, stands in front of the fine building on Market Street in Lynn, where the brethren of that city now have their Masonic home. A marble slab at the right hand of the spacious doorway, and, facing the street, tells the observer, that Mt. Carmel Lodge, Golden Fleece Lodge, Sutton Royal Arch Chapter, and Olivet Commandery hold their meetings within, on certain days, and that Lectures are given weekly for the instruction of the Craft.
Mounting a flight of stairs, closed double doors indicate that beyond them are the apartments which so recently have been fitted and furnished by the bodies above named. Passing these doors, a second flight of stairs, broad and of easy rise, leads to the floor on which are a spacious coat-room, armory for the Commandery, and banquet hall tastefully frescoed, and a well appointed kitchen.
At the left, near the head of the stairs, another pair of doors admit to the entry, and door to the coat-room, and a third flight reaches the floor where are the commodious and elegant rooms, nine in all, exclusive of ample closets, devoted to the purposes of Freemasonry. Adjoining the Reception room is a wash-room and toilet closet, making a tenth room, which completes as perfectly appointed and arranged suite of rooms as can well be designed.
On reaching the landing on this upper floor, the apartments may be entered on either side, but usually by the left, which admits to the Reception room, which connects on the right with an ante-room, and that with the Trustees' room; on the left with the Tyler's room, and from that to the Hall, These four rooms are separated by folding doors, and occupy in length, about fifty-five feet. On the opposite side are three similar rooms, and through these a direct march can be made from the main hall, at the left of the West, to the small hall, or Prelate's room; connected with these are paraphernalia closets, and such other appointments as may be needed for Lodge, Chapter or Commandery work.
The large hall is 44x60 feet in size, high studded, crowns into the mansard roof, and is well ventilated. It is lighted by two chandeliers, suspended, each having twenty burners; and three single burners, placed one at each of the three principal chairs, A fine organ stands at the right of the door of entrance, in the south-west corner. The frescoing of this hall is altogether above the average in color, drawing and execution, especially in the treatment of the human figure, and it may be here added that the frescoing throughout all the Apartments is in good taste and judgment.
The small hall is 24x28 feet, and in this it is intended shall be the portrait gallery; elegant engravings adorn the walls of the reception and ante-rooms, the carpets and furniture are of superior quality and the general effect is one of ease and refinement.
On Wednesday evening, April 27th, the entire premises were opened to Masons of Lynn and their ladies and a few invited guests. The assembly was called to order by Bro. Chas. E. Parsons, who made a brief address and introduced Bro. Chas. C. Fry, the Chairman of a Committee to provide suitable Masonic apartments, which had been done under a lease of ten years. He was succeeded by Bro. George H. Allen, Chairman of Committee on Furnishing, who closed by thanking the ladies for the valuable aid they had given on various occasions ; and finally, Bro. Parsons introduced Bro. William D. Pool, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, who accepted on behalf of the Board the trust of caring for the premises. During his remarks, Brother Pool referred to the several places of meeting for Masonic purposes in Lynn. First, at Long Beach, then in a room near the present residence of Bro. E. A. Ingalls, then in Sagamore Hall, next in a hall on Willow Street, then to a hall on Market Street, diagonally opposite to the left, next, Wilson's Hall, on the adjacent corner, and from that to the present place.
In closing, Bro. Pool, for himself and the brethren, welcomed all to the occasion, and the remainder of the evening was spent in the freedom of family intercourse. A promenade banquet was served to about six hundred persons, music, vocal and instrumental, was indulged in, and at a reasonable hour the company separated, pleased beyond question.
NOTE ON BUILDING PLANS, JANUARY 1920
From New England Craftsman, Vol. XV, No. 4, January 1920, Page 123:
The old Friends' Meeting-House property on Broad Street, Lynn, Mass., has been bought by the Lynn Masonic Association, composed of delegates from all the Masonic bodies of that city, and plans are under consideration for a Masonic Temple to be erected on the site. The land, which measures 105 by 115 feet, is opposite the Oxford Club, and is one of the best locations in the city.
The organizations interested in the movement are Mount Carmel, Golden Fleece and Damascus Lodges of Masons; Sutton Royal Arch Chapter, Zebulum Council and Olivet Commandery. The movement for the temple was started in 1910, and developed until 1916. when a new committee was named, and brought the present deal to a head. Benjamin N. Johnson drew up the papers.
This property was the first purchase of the Friends Religious Society in 1677. It adjoins the Central Congregational Church, and at present there is a large tennis court on the land. The Friends' Society worship in its meetinghouse on Silsbee Street.