MORTGAGE PAYOFF, JULY 1909
From New England Craftsman, Vol. IV, No. 11, August 1909, Page 412:
These are no happier Masons in Massachusetts than Wor. Brother Herbert F. Morse, president; and Brother Francis M. Edwards, treasurer of the hoard of directors of Masonic temple, Roxbury, who on the first day of July paid the last cent due on the temple making it the free property of the Masons who occupy it.
The directors are especially pleased with their success as many brethren believed it impossible to raise ball" the amount required. The temple is among the best in the state and cost $103,000. The brethren are congratulated on their prosperity and on the Masonic devotion and loyalty which has enabled them to accomplish this great result in the short time of five years.
- Lafayette Lodge, from 1865 to its removal to Norwood in 1958.
- Washington Lodge, from 1796 to its removal to Lexington in 1960.
- 01/26/1847: Hall dedication, reported in Moore's Freemason's Monthly, Vol. VI, No. 4, February 1847, p. 134.
- 12/27/1865: VII-53; Hall dedication, reported in the Grand Master's Address at the Feast of St. John. (held 03/17/1865)
- 04/05/1893: 1893-25; Hall dedication at Special Communication.
- 07/30/1902: 1902-106; Corner-stone laying, at a Special Communication.
- 03/17/1903: 1903-126; Hall dedication, at a Special Communication.