- 09/21/1907: 1907-123; Corner-stone laying, at a Special Communication.
- 12/07/1907: 1907-141; Hall dedication, at a Special Communication.
- 05/16/1981: 1981-42; Hall dedication, at a Special Communication.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE BRAINTREE MASONIC ASSOCIATION, MAY 1981
From Proceedings, Page 1981-43, Dedication of Braintree Masonic Building:
The Braintree Masonic Association was founded in 1923 by Right Worshipful Henry Davis Higgins and a small group of Delta Lodge Masons. First purpose was to provide quarters for the Fraternity, and its related bodies, when the building constructed in 1907 was no longer suitable. Four wars, a Depression, and 58 years later this purpose was fulfilled. Fund raisings, purchases of property, and the determination to succeed against any adversity by the Directors of the Association have culminated in this beautiful building.
Actual construction began in the summer of 1980 with official ground breaking ceremonies on September 3rd under the auspices of Architects Worshipful Robert Parry & Brother Kenneth Parry of the firm of Kenneth F. Parry Associates.
Construction proceeded rapidly and the building was closed in before winter. The cornerstone was laid by the Master and Wardens of Delta Lodge with proper ceremonies on November 23, 1980 with Worshipful Otis B. Oakman, Jr. as the principal speaker.
The first meeting held in the new Temple was the January 27, 1981 Stated Communication of Delta Lodge.
A public open house was held on March 29, 1981 at which time the deed was conveyed from the "Braintree Masonic Association Inc." to the "Masonic Temple of Braintree Inc." Trustees for Delta Lodge.
The Dedication today, May 16, 1981, by Most Worshipful J. Philip Berquist, Grand Master of Masons in Massachusetts, with proper Masonic ceremonies, will complete the task set upon by Right Worshipful Henry Davis Higgins in 1923.