Chartered By: John Dixwell
Charter Date: 03/13/1822 III-396
Precedence Date: 03/13/1822
Current Status: unknown; ø surrendered 06/11/1834
- Timothy Clapp, 1826
- Samuel B. Tuck, 1829
REFERENCES IN GRAND LODGE PROCEEDINGS
- Petition for Charter: 1822
FROM HISTORICAL SKETCH OF UNION LODGE, JUNE 1921
From Proceedings, Page 1921-229:
Next west of the Pacific Bank, then the residence of Esquire Hammett, was a lot which was purchased from Wm. Roteh in March, 1802. Here they built a commodious building, now standing on the same lot, the corner-stone of which with "inscription as called for," was laid with appropriate Masonic ceremonies June 24, 1802.
Three years and a half later the Lodge voted that the "corner-stone be removed out into full view." Then followed prosperous days for the Masonic fraternity. Here Union Lodge grew and waxed strong; here met Urbanity Lodge, in sport called the "silk stocking Lodge," from 1822 to 1830.
- 1840 (Financial report on the lodge, IV-502)
- 1841 (Report on Nantucket Freemasonry, IV-529)
- 1842 (Expulsion of Treasurer, IV-540)
OFFICER LIST, DECEMBER 1825
From Masonic Mirror and Mechanics' Intelligencer, Vol. II, No. 15, April 1826, Page 113:
Officers of Union Lodge, Nantucket, installed Dec. 27:
- Bro. Timothy G. Clapp, R. W. M.
- Bro. Benjamin Pike, W. S. W.
- Bro. Timothy Horsefield, W. J. W.
- Bro. Samuel B. Tuck, Tr.
- Bro. Robert W. Jenks, Sec.
- Bro. H. M. Pinkham, Mar.
- Bro. Edward Field, S. D.
- Bro. J. Shearman, J. D.
- Bro. J. C. Pinkham, S. S.
- Bro. Obed Cathcart, J. S.
- Bro. J. Weiderholdt, Tyler.
- R. W. Ferdinand E. White, of Boston, Proxy in G. L.
OFFICER LIST, FEBRUARY 1829
From Amaranth, or Masonic Garland, Vol. I, No. 11, February 1829, Page 351:
Officers of Urbanity Lodge, Nantucket:—
- Samuel B. Tuck, M.;
- Edward Field, S. W.;
- George Parker, J. W.;
- Henry M. Pinkham, T.;
- William C. Starbuck, S.;
- Benjamin Pike, S. D.;
- John Shearman, J. D.;
- John C. Pinkham, Caleb Cushman, Stewards;
- John Wiederholdt, Tyler.