Chartered By: Isaiah Thomas
Charter Date: 12/13/1803 tbd
Precedence Date: 12/13/1803
Current Status: unknown; last meeting 12/28/1826.
REFERENCES IN GRAND LODGE PROCEEDINGS
- Petition for Charter: 1803 not in Proceedings
FROM CENTENARY HISTORICAL ADDRESS OF EVENING STAR LODGE, JUNE 1895
From Proceedings, Page 1895-99:
May 27, 1804, a Lodge was instituted at Sheffield, — the record of the proceedings there, characteristic of the man who made it, is this:
Assembled at the house of Brother Aaron Kellogg to constitute Sheffield Lodge, by direction of the Most Worshipful Isaiah Thomas, Grand Master.
- R. W. Caleb Hyde, D .D. G. M. in the chair.
- R. W. Walter Deane , Deputy G.M. pro tem.
- R. W. Daniel Chappell, S. G. W.
- R. W. Oliver Belden, Jr., J. G. W.
- R. W. Elisha Northrup, G. Tr.
- R. W. Joseph Tucker, G. Sec'y
- R. W. Samuel Barstow, S. G. Dea.
- R. W. Asa Hiller, Jr.. J. G. Dea.
- R. W. Ephraim A. Judson , 1st Gd. Steward.
- R. W. Samuel Rossiter, 2d Gd. Steward.
- R. W. Andrew Robinson, Gd. Tyler.
The Brethren of Sheffield Lodge being assembled at the place aforesaid, after the usual ceremonies, formed a procession and moved to the meeting-house, preceded by a band of music. The exercises were publicly performed. A sermon well adapted to the occasion was preached by the Rev. Ephraim Judson, there was occasional solemn and cheerful music during the performance, both vocal and instrumental, consecration took place in Masonic order and regular installation of the officers of Sheffield Lodge. They returned in Masonic arrangement and partook of a generous entertainment at the expense of Sheffield Lodge. The Grand Lodge then retired and closed in due form.
Pleasure and innocence closed the day.
Attest: Joseph Tucker,
Gr. Sec. pro tem.
- 1804 (Consecration of lodge, II-250)
- 1820 (Report on delinquency, II-283)
- 1821 (Report on delinquency, III-374)
- 1822 (Report on delinquency, III-428)
- 1824 (Report on delinquency, III-471)
- 1825 (Petition for remission, III-560)
ø Charter surrendered 06/11/1834